Inhaling plastic fumes can result in respiratory ailments, cause long term damage to the nervous and reproductive systems, and increase the risk of heart disease. Burned plastic is also potentially carcinogenic. The lesson is simple: Don’t smoke Plastic.
Most recyclable plastic water bottles are made from polyethylene terephthalate, or PET. When these bottles sit for a long time, the plastic releases a chemical called antimony in the water. Heating plastic bottles causes the chemicals bonds to break down more easily, releasing more Antimony. This substance is dangerously toxic in high doses.
If leaving a plastic water bottle in the sun too long is dangerous, how dangerous do you think it is to inhale this same plastic?
If you’ve ever thrown plastic in a firepit, you know that the fumes can quickly cause a headache. That’s because it’s TOXIC! Burning plastic releases chemicals such as hydrochloric acid, sulfur dioxide, dioxins, furans and heavy metals. Sounds dangerous right? THAT’S BECAUSE THEY ARE! A regular dose of plastic in your lungs increases the risk of heart disease, aggravates respiratory ailments such as asthma. It also can permanently damage the nervous system and the reproductive system.
Switch to Glass!
Switching to glass bottles for smoking hash is a safer, healthier alternative for your health. To boiling point of glass is much higher than that of PET. That means there’s no glass in your lungs!